SUCCESS: To accomplish one’s goals. (Dictionary.com)
MINDSET: Ideas and attitudes by which a person approaches a situation. (Dictionary.com).
Success mindset: Ideas and attitudes that causes a person to accomplish their goals in any situation.
Dr. Carol Dweck, Ph.D writes, “In a growth mindset people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work-brains and talents are just the starting points. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.”
Steve Maraboli says about mindset, “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.”
The Lord gave this success mindset to Joshua as he was preparing to lead a new generation of Hebrews across the Jordan River to Canaan the Promise Land, “This Book of the Law (Torah) shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate on it day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good SUCCESS” Joshua 1:8.
What are the seven characteristics of a success mindset?
1. Your thoughts: Your thoughts are the seed that enter your mind. Thoughts that are good, beneficial, and useful grow into a system of beliefs that can transform your life.
2. Your words: your words are the harvest of your thoughts. They are the energy that causes success to happen for you. Your words have the power to create the world that you desire to live in.
3. Your vision: Your vision is the picture of your future. What you see is what you can achieve. Vision determines how far you can go and what you can accomplish.
4. Your choices: Everyday you have the freedom to choose. It’s your decision and the outcome is the result of that decision. If you’re going to succeed you have to make choices that causes success to happen for you.
5. Your relationships: John Lee Dumas says weekly on his podcast Entrepreneur on Fire, “You are the average of the five people you spend time with.”
6. Your body: A well body harmonizes with your mindset. a physical breakdown will greatly counteract your ability to get to success.
7. Your creativity: The ability to create is the fuel that drives your success mindset. At least once a week you should have a thirty minute to one hour meeting with yourself and stretch your mind to create and succeed.
Do you have a success mindset? Are you succeeding?