On Thursday November 27, 2014 we will celebrate Thanksgiving. Although the concept of giving thanks to God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth is a biblical expression the Day we know as Thanksgiving is a national holiday that dates back to the Civil War when President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed this Day to be observed nationally. The first Thanksgiving occurred, it is believed as early as 1620 when the settlers, known as Pilgrims, invited the Indians to a feast held at Plymouth Plantation in Massachusetts.
Today I want to share seven reasons why you should be thankful in this season.
1. You have life from God. You were created in the image of God and the breath of God dwells in you. You have the energy to dream, inspire and cause others to dream and inspire. Everything that you do is a reflection of the quality of your life. You have been given wisdom to make the best choices and to touch lives in your community.
2. You have gifts from God. You have talents, abilities, and spiritual graces in your life to bless others with the love of God With your gifts you have an anointing to destroy yokes and bondage in people lives. Your gifts are the seed to plant hope in other people lives.
3. You are connected to God. Holy Spirit who lives in you and dwells in you from the day that you confessed and believed Jesus was your Savior is God. God lives in you. Heaven lives in you. You are in heavenly places. There’s nothing in the earth that can stop you from living in the power of God.
4. You have revelations from God. God is opening your eyes to see and discover the glory of His creation. You are on a path that is causing you to prosper because of what you are discovering as you go. You are reacting to what God is showing you and you are following Him.
5. You have doors from God. You have been given doors to enter into new seasons. You are receiving new experiences for the pages that are turning in your life. Your prayers are being answered and your declarations are creating doors for you to enter.
6. You have keys from God. The door is the opportunity before you. The key is the instrument that gets you through the door. Your instruments are your gifts. As you operate in your gifts, it is the instrument to get you through the door. If writing is your gift, it is also the key that will open the door, so keep on writing.
7. You have a beginning from God. Everyday is a beginning. Tomorrow when you wake up you are living in a new beginning. Today and Tomorrow comes together in agreement to cause you to go higher in your purpose. Everyday you are getting stronger to live your best life.
Happy thanksgiving. May you find many more reasons to be thankful this season. Shalom.